The Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner
The Mono Lake Committee helps to carry on Andrea Lawrence's inspirational environmental legacy through the presentation of her annual award.
The 2017 Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner was a very special evening honoring author and activitst Genny Smith. Under a spectacular sunset with a classic Sierra wave cloud we remembered Andrea and celebrated Genny's many contributions to this region of the Sierra Nevada. You can see photos and read a summary of the evening here on the Mono-logue soon.
We would love to have you join us at the next Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner in the spring of 2018. Check back here for updates, or email Lily Pastel for more information.
The Mono Lake Committee helps to carry on AndreaLawrence'sinspirational environmental legacy through the presentation of her annual award at the Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner, a tradition that Andrea established in 2007.
Past winners of the Andrea Lawrence Award celebrating passionate engagement in community and the land:
• 2017: Genny Smith, author, editor, activist, and the "Naturalist Queen of the Eastern Sierra"
• 2016: Dan & Leslie Dawson, formerly of the Valentine Eastern Sierra Reserve (Sierra Nevada Aquatic Research Laboratory and Valentine Camp)
• 2015: Ted Schade, formerly of the Great Basin Unified Air Pollution Control District
• 2014: California Department of Fish & Wildlife
• 2013: Karen Ferrell-Ingram, founding Board memberand former Executive Director of the Eastern Sierra Land Trust
• 2012: Bodie Foundation
• 2011: Eastern Sierra Audubon
• 2008: Mono Lake Committee
• 2007: Friends of the Inyo
The late Andrea Mead Lawrence was an Olympic double gold medalist, mother of five, visionary environmental leader, 16-year Mono County Supervisor, and advocate for Mono Lake's protection.
• Andrea's legacy in the Eastern Sierra
• Andrea in the news
• memorial service for Andrea Mead Lawrence, April 19, 2009
• Mono-logue post about Andrea's passing
• supporters of Andrea's foundation, ALIMAR
Contributions can be made in honor of Andrea Lawrence and in support of her inspirational vision. Please send to:
Mono Lake Committee
Andrea Lawrence Fund
P.O. Box 29
Lee Vining, CA 93541