Mono Lake Committee unveils new website!November 18th, 2008 by Mono Lake Committee Staff
Things look a little different around here! The Mono Lake Committee has a new website after almost three years of planning, preparation, and hard work. We’re proud to say this website was born and raised right here at Mono Lake — built by staff and friends from the ground up.
Here are some highlights–be sure to check them out!
1. You can now manage your Committee membership online. Update your member profile, see a record of your recent giving, and make donations quickly and with no fuss.
2. You aren’t a member yet? That’s okay–it’s easier than ever to become one through this new website. Get started supporting Mono Lake in a flash!
3. This post you’re reading is part of a brand-new feature: The Mono-logue! It’s a collection of all things Mono Lake brought to you by those of us who work at its shores. Check back often to read the latest posts and add your comments!
4. In the “Today” section be sure to take a look at “Mono Lake live.” This is information-central for all the current conditions in the Mono Basin, and it even has a feature that lets you see a quick snapshot of all those facts. Also, don’t miss the new Mill Creek webcam–the newest cam to join our webcam fleet!
5. Come to think of it, the entire “Community” section is pretty great. Mono Lake has a real-life following of interested folks, and this section is where everyone can come together: comment on Mono-logue posts, share your favorite Mono Lake photos in our Flickr group, put up your recent bird sightings, and send eCards to everyone you know!
6. Check out the new format for reading the Mono Lake Newsletter. You can nearly literally flip through the pages and enjoy our flagship publication in all the gorgeous colors of the Mono Basin.
Note: lots of these features are best if you’re logged in. Be sure to register so you can see it all!
So welcome, and feel free to look around–we think you’ll like what you find. And please tell us what you think! We’d love to hear your general impressions and specific comments. You can comment below, or use this private feedback form. Let us know how we did!