Holiday shopping: For the kidsDecember 7th, 2014 by Robbie, Restoration Field Technician
Season’s greetings from the Mono Lake Committee! What better way to treat the young ones in your life this holiday season than with a gift from the Committee’s online store? Our 2014 fall catalog offers several items for kids that are educational, fun, and help save Mono Lake:
– A Partridge in a Pear Tree by Charley Harper is a playful rendition of “The Twelve Days of Christmas” and contains beautiful pastel sketches, humorous text, and a message of the value of giving.
– Angry Birds: 50 True Stories of the Fed Up, Feathered, and Furious by Mel White reveals astonishing stories of real bird behavior.
– BirdWingFeather by Siri Schillios contains vibrant bird paintings on one page and detailed abstracts on the next.
– Stickeen by John Muir and illustrated by Carl Dennis Buell is an illustrated edition of an American adventure classic of John Muir and Stickeen the dog crossing a glacier during an ice storm.
Games and activities:
– Why We Need Beetles, Urchins, and Worms by zoologist Frank Indiviglio is a fun and educational quiz deck about the importance of invertebrates.
– The Charley Harper birds mobile spans 20′ and features 8 uniquely stylized birds. One of our best sellers this year!
– The Mono Lake panoramic jigsaw puzzle is great family fun, but the mirror image can be quite the challenge at 500 pieces (measures 18″ x 36″ when completed).
Last but not least:
– Our classic Mono Lake patch is a fun and versatile gift for any Mono Lake fan.