Tioga Pass will open Monday, May 21 at 9:00amMay 18th, 2018 by Andrew, Digital Engagement Coordinator
News from Yosemite National Park: Tioga Pass (Highway 120) will open all the way through the park on Monday, May 21 at 9:00am.
It’s official! Tioga Pass will open Monday, May 21, 2018 at 9:00am.
Additional information about the road opening:
- Tioga Road is a seasonal road through Yosemite National Park, typically open from late spring to early fall. All motorists should drive with caution and be aware of possible hazards in the roadway, including rocks, debris, and water. Tioga Road may be impacted by incoming storm activity, including snow and icy driving conditions, over the next week. Tioga Road may temporarily close due to weather and unsafe driving conditions at any time.
- To check current road conditions for Tioga Pass call (209) 372-0200 (press 1, then 1).
- There will be limited services available along Tioga Road.
- All campgrounds along Tioga Road remain closed.
- There is no anticipated opening date for the Tuolumne Meadows store and the Tuolumne Meadows Visitor Center. The Tuolumne Meadows Wilderness Center will open on Monday, and will also serve as a temporary visitor center. There is no gasoline available along Tioga Road.
- The closest gas station to the west is located at Crane Flat.
If you plan to travel over Tioga Pass, we highly recommend calling the road conditions line (209) 372-0200 (press 1, then 1) before you leave. Other helpful links: