2. Restoration stream studies on Rush Creek … more »
Bill McKibben, the noted author of a dozen books about the environment and culture, penned the introductory essay to the 2009 Mono Lake Calendar (which is still available for purchase).
With two days to go before we flip the calendar page to January, I reread his words and found they gave me fresh inspiration and excitement for the new year and the promise it holds. Enjoy!
3. The launch of the new Mono Lake Website … more »
On the second day of Christmas our gift was 562 Tundra Swans that swirled in and took refuge along the west shore of Mono Lake. On December 27 at around 10:00 am holiday traffic marched past on 395, but no one took notice of the … more »
4. The Los Angeles Water Plan … more »
5. The ecosystem marches on … more »
6. Mono Lake Committee members paid the entire mortgage on the Committee’s Mono Basin Field Station and Annex properties … more »
7. The Mono Lake Trail and David Gaines Boardwalk project … more »
8. The Committee’s Outdoor Experiences Program turns 15 … more »