No products in the cart.
This post was written by Grace Aleman, 2015 Information Center & Bookstore Assistant and 2016 Mono Lake Intern.
Refreshments with Refreshing ‘Ologists is a summer lecture series with local scientists presenting their current work in the region.
Presentations will be hosted in the Mono Lake Committee Information Center & Bookstore gallery, and last about one hour. Light refreshments will be served. All presentations begin at 4:00pm. This summer’s schedule is:
● July 13: Amphibians in Yosemite with biologist Ninette Daniele
● July 20: Bighorn sheep migration with Lacey Greene of the California Department of Fish & Wildlife**
● July 27: Peregrine Falcons in Yosemite National Park with raptor monitor Crystal Barnes
● August 3: Climate change with Benjamin Hatchett, Department of Geography, University of Nevada Reno
● August 10: Land management with Kay Ogden of the Eastern Sierra Land Trust
● August 17: Mono Basin geology with Yosemite National Park geologist Greg Stock
● August 31: Bird and bat population dynamics with biologist Breeanne Jackson
● September 7: The California spotted owl with biologist Stephanie Eyes
● September 14: El Niño winters in the Sierra with avalanche forecaster Sue Burak
**This presentation starts at 5:00pm, NOT 4:00pm.
Check back for weekly posts with more details about each lecture. We hope to see you here on Wednesday afternoons for these talks!