Schedule for Refreshments with Refreshing ‘Ologists at the Mono Lake CommitteeAugust 10th, 2018 by Joslyn, Mono Lake Intern
Refreshments with Refreshing’ Ologists is a summer lecture series with scientists presenting their current work in the region.
• August 15: Greater Sage-Grouse in Mono County: Population Rescue through Brood Translocation Techniques with US Geological Survey Biological Science Technician Mary Meyerpeter
• August 22: Tracking Glaciers of the Mono Basin with researcher Jace Shuler
• September 5: Bugging Out: How Looking at Butterflies & Insects Will Help Conserve the Planet with biologist Kristie Nelson
• September 12: Effects of Climate Change on Mountain Ecosystems: Science & Spin with US Forest Service Senior Research Ecologist Connie Millar
• September 26: Mono Basin Fisheries Project with State Water Board-appointed Lead Fisheries Scientist Ross Taylor
Presentations will be hosted in the Mono Lake Committee Information Center & Bookstore gallery, and last about one hour. Light refreshments and snacks will be served. All presentations begin at 4:00pm.
Check back for weekly posts with more details about each lecture. We hope to see you here on Wednesday afternoons for these talks!