As fall sets in, the campgrounds in the Mono Basin begin to close for the season.
Campgrounds open, with estimated closing dates:
- Lundy Canyon (closing November 15)
- Aspen (no water after October 3)
- Lower Lee Vining (closing November 8)
- Big Bend (closing October 3)
- Ellery Lake (closing October 3)
- Junction (closing October 3)
- Saddlebag Lake Trailhead (closing October 3)
- Tioga Lake (closing October 3)
- Silver Lake (closing October 31)
- Reversed Creek (closing October 17)
- Gull Lake (closing October 17)
- June Lake (closing October 17)
- Oh Ridge (closing October 17)
Campgrounds closed already:
- Saddlebag Lake
- Sawmill Walk-in
- Aerie Crag
Dispersed camping (camping outside of established campgrounds) is an option year-round in the Mono Basin. Check the map and guidelines at Camp Like a Pro for places where dispersed camping is allowed and the best practices to follow when dispersed camping.
Top photo by Elin Ljung.