Here are five important things you need to know about this year’s Chautauqua:
- Chautauqua registration begins at 6:30am PDT on Friday, April 15. Be sure to check out the newly updated schedule online as you select your programs. We are expecting high demand for this year’s in-person event, and we have limited capacity due to smaller trip sizes and no indoor presentations. Afternoon and evening field trips are particularly limited and it’s possible the event will sell out quickly. Please be patient with us if you don’t get into as many trips as you’d like, and be flexible—there’s plenty to enjoy in the Mono Basin during your visit.
- All participants and field trip leaders are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted to attend the Chautauqua this year. We will require proof of vaccination after registration to save your spot in the field trips you register for.
- We will be offering a small virtual Chautauqua the weekend before the in-person event (June 10–11). You can register for this virtual event online starting on April 15. If you are attending in person in June, you will automatically have free access to the virtual event. Recordings of the virtual events will be available through August 1.
- Practice using the registration system now through Wednesday, April 13. In order to have the best chance of getting your first choice events for the in-person event, we highly recommend that you practice using the registration system. Additionally, be sure to check out our registration tips and the new tutorial videos we created to walk you through the system step-by-step.
- T-shirts are available this year for pre-order only. This year’s T-shirt art features a Lazuli Bunting illustrated by L Wren Walraven on an organic cotton, sky blue or gray T-shirt. T-shirts will only be available for pre-order, so be sure to order yours when you register so you don’t miss out.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call (760) 647-6595 and ask for Andrew or Nora.
Top photo by Sandra Noll.