To close out 2022 strong we have set ourselves a challenging goal of 750 supporters donating online this month.
Will you join these hundreds of supporters and help us reach the goal by making a donation of any amount today? Together we will turn this year’s accomplishments into on-the-ground results for Mono Lake.
Your year-end gift will help us:
- Advocate for the California State Water Board to take emergency action to protect Mono Lake by addressing the developing ecological crisis due to the lake surface elevation having fallen below 6380 feet above sea level, which threatens the nesting California Gull population and dangerously increases lake salinity,
- Prepare for a State Water Board hearing on stream diversions while we explore collaborative solutions with Los Angeles to help the city meet water needs when stream diversions are temporarily adjusted,
- Expand our legal, scientific, and public policy teams to make the case for new water diversion rules,
- Deploy a temporary electric fence in early 2023 to protect critical California Gull nesting grounds,
- Implement monitoring projects to maximize restoration of 20 miles of damaged stream habitat,
- Support Mono Lake research projects through the Mono Basin Field Station,
- Provide a diverse array of education programs, connecting thousands of people to Mono Lake,
- Continue to instill conservation values in the next generation,
- And more!
Thank you for everything you have done for Mono Lake this year—we are continually inspired by what we can accomplish together.
Top photo by Andrew Youssef.