As of 9:00pm tonight (Friday, June 24) the Marina Fire is still burning just north of Lee Vining along Hwy 395. At this time an evacuation warning has been issued for Lee Vining and Mono City. The Tioga Lodge and the Mono Inn have been evacuated. At this time Hwy 395 is closed.
A press release from the Inyo National Forest reports that the fire has grown to about 600 acres. There are approximately 300 personnel on the fire, and the fire has been determined to be human-caused and remains under investigation at this time.
We will keep you updated on the fire in the Mono Lake Committee Information Center & Bookstore (open 8am-9pm daily as long as we are not evacuated) and here on The Mono-logue as well as on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Caltrans posts updated road information here. For more background on the fire, see previous updates from this morning and 1pm and 4:30pm.
We want to send a special shout-out to all of the firefighters for their efforts today. We are so very grateful to each and every one of you. Thank you.
- For updated detailed information on the fire, see InciWeb
- For general fire updates, see Mono County Sheriff on Facebook
- To check the official Caltrans highway information, see Caltrans road information
- Suggested detours:
- Northbound Hwy 395: Take State Route 120 East toward Benton. At US Hwy 6 go north to Nevada State Route 360, and north of US Hwy 95 to the junction of State Route 359. Go West on SR 359 to State Route 167 which will take you back to US Hwy. 395. This is a 3+ hour detour, please check a map to make sure it is the best route for you before you leave.
- Southbound US Hwy 395: Take State Route 167 which turns into Nevada 359 to the junction of US Hwy 95. Go south on US Hwy 95 to State Route 360. At the junction of US Hwy 6 go south to US Hwy 395. This is a 3+ hour detour, please check a map to make sure it is the best route for you before you leave.