The Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner
The Mono Lake Committee helps to carry on Andrea Lawrence's inspirational environmental legacy through the presentation of her annual award.
The 2013 Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner was a great success. You can see photos and read a summary of the evening here on the Mono-logue.
The Mono Lake Committee helps to carry on Andrea Lawrence's inspirational environmental legacy through the presentation of her annual award at the Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner, a tradition that Andrea established in 2007.
Past winners of the Andrea Lawrence Award celebrating passionate engagement in community and the land:
• 2007: Friends of the Inyo
• 2008: Mono Lake Committee
• 2011: Eastern Sierra Audubon
• 2012: Bodie Foundation
• 2013: Karen Ferrell-Ingram, founding Board member and former Executive Director of the Eastern Sierra Land Trust
The late Andrea Mead Lawrence was an Olympic double gold medalist, mother of five, visionary environmental leader, 16-year Mono County Supervisor, and advocate for Mono Lake's protection.
• Andrea's legacy in the Eastern Sierra
• Andrea in the news
• memorial service for Andrea Mead Lawrence, April 19, 2009
• Mono-logue post about Andrea's passing
• supporters of Andrea's foundation, ALIMAR
Contributions can be made in honor of Andrea Lawrence and in support of her inspirational vision. Please send to:
Mono Lake Committee
Andrea Lawrence Fund
P.O. Box 29
Lee Vining, CA 93541