The Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner
The Mono Lake Committee helps to carry on Andrea Lawrence's inspirational environmental legacy through the presentation of her annual award.
The 2018 Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner was a fun evening honoring retired fishery biologist Phil Pister. As the sun set behind the Ritter Range we remembered Andrea and celebrated Phil's incredible contributions to the Eastern Sierra region. You can see photos and read a summary of the evening here on the Mono-logue.
We would love to have you join us at the next Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner. Check back here for updates, or email Lily Pastel for more information.
The Mono Lake Committee helps to carry on AndreaLawrence's inspirational environmental legacy through the presentation of her annual award at the Andrea Lawrence Award Dinner, a tradition that Andrea established in 2007.
Past winners of the Andrea Lawrence Award celebrating passionate engagement in community and the land:
• 2018: Phil Pister, desert fish and golden trout conservationist, environmental ethicist, and retired California Department of Fish & Wildlife fishery biologist
• 2017: Genny Smith, author, editor, activist, and the "Naturalist Queen of the Eastern Sierra"
• 2016: Dan & Leslie Dawson, formerly of the Valentine Eastern Sierra Reserve (Sierra Nevada Aquatic Research Laboratory and Valentine Camp)
• 2015: Ted Schade, formerly of the Great Basin Unified Air Pollution Control District
• 2014: California Department of Fish & Wildlife
• 2013: Karen Ferrell-Ingram, founding Board memberand former Executive Director of the Eastern Sierra Land Trust
• 2012: Bodie Foundation
• 2011: Eastern Sierra Audubon
• 2008: Mono Lake Committee
• 2007: Friends of the Inyo
The late Andrea Mead Lawrence was an Olympic double gold medalist, mother of five, visionary environmental leader, 16-year Mono County Supervisor, and advocate for Mono Lake's protection.
• Andrea's legacy in the Eastern Sierra
• Andrea in the news
• memorial service for Andrea Mead Lawrence, April 19, 2009
• Mono-logue post about Andrea's passing
• supporters of Andrea's foundation, ALIMAR
Contributions can be made in honor of Andrea Lawrence and in support of her inspirational vision. Please send to:
Mono Lake Committee
Andrea Lawrence Fund
P.O. Box 29
Lee Vining, CA 93541